Feel-good first person adventure gets a new 10-minute gameplay video, and preorder incentives announced
Paris, France, 14th January 2019 – Indie developer Aurélien Regard (The Next Penelope) and publisher Playdius (Bury me, my Love, A Normal Lost Phone, Dead in Vinland) today announced that their anticipated new release, Away: Journey to the Unexpected will be launching on PC (on Steam and Utomik) on 13th February. Alongside this news, the team also released a new 10-minute gameplay video, and announced preorder incentives for the game. Alongside the PC version, Away will also be coming to Xbox One, PlayStation 4 and Nintendo Switch – the release dates by platform are:
- 5 February 2019 – PS4
- 7 February 2019 – Switch
- 8 February 2019 – Xbox One
- 13 February 2019 – PC
Alongside this announcement, Playdius have revealed 2 big preorder incentives for Away.
- For European fans, pre-ordering Away on PlayStation Store in Europe will get them the serene and surrealist first-person explorer Shape of the World for free.
- For PC players, preordering the game on GoG will get them early access to the game over a week ahead of the PC launch, starting February 5th.
Away: Journey to the Unexpected is a feel-good first person adventure game that combines action, negotiation and rogue-lite elements, all rendered beautifully in a distinctive anime-inspired style. In Away, you’re not a fighter or a hero, but you are great at making kick-ass friends! Many of the colourful characters you meet in game, from robotic cowboy bounty hunters to bizarre space oddities, can be recruited to fight alongside you – it’s up to you to convince them to join the team! Away is the creation of renowned French developer Aurélien Regard, working alongside Rayman level designer Jean-Matthieu Gennisson.
- Colourful and unique visuals created by renowned artist and developer Aurélien Regard (The Next Penelope)
- A refreshing, light-hearted story packed full of adventure and humour
- A first person adventure with fast-paced combat and rogue-lite elements
- A vast cast of quirky characters to meet, convince and recruit to fight for you
- Underpinned by an anime-inspired soundtrack
About Aurelien Regard
Aurelien Regard is a video game developer known for being the co-founder of the French-based studio Arkedo, which released games with Sega and Eidos. After releasing an action racing game called “The Next Penelope” three years ago as an indie developer, he is now trying something new with “AWAY: Journey to the Unexpected” alongside Rayman level designer, Jean-Matthieu Gennisson
US & Europe (excluding France): Alex – Future Friends Games – email@example.com
France & Rest of World: Stephanie – Playdius – firstname.lastname@example.org