Feel-good first person adventure gets a new 10-minute gameplay video, and preorder incentives announced
Paris, France, 14th January 2019 – Indie developer Aurélien Regard (The Next Penelope) and publisher Playdius (Bury me, my Love, A Normal Lost Phone, Dead in Vinland) today announced that their anticipated new release, Away: Journey to the Unexpected will be launching on PC (on Steam and Utomik) on 13th February. Alongside this news, the team also released a new 10-minute gameplay video, and announced preorder incentives for the game. Alongside the PC version, Away will also be coming to Xbox One, PlayStation 4 and Nintendo Switch – the release dates by platform are:
- 5 February 2019 – PS4
- 7 February 2019 – Switch
- 8 February 2019 – Xbox One
- 13 February 2019 – PC
Watch the gameplay trailer here
Alongside this announcement, Playdius have revealed 2 big preorder incentives for Away.
- For European fans, pre-ordering Away on PlayStation Store in Europe will get them the serene and surrealist first-person explorer Shape of the World for free.
- For PC players, preordering the game on GoG will get them early access to the game over a week ahead of the PC launch, starting February 5th.
Away: Journey to the Unexpected is a feel-good first person adventure game that combines action, negotiation and rogue-lite elements, all rendered beautifully in a distinctive anime-inspired style. In Away, you’re not a fighter or a hero, but you are great at making kick-ass friends! Many of the colourful characters you meet in game, from robotic cowboy bounty hunters to bizarre space oddities, can be recruited to fight alongside you – it’s up to you to convince them to join the team! Away is the creation of renowned French developer Aurélien Regard, working alongside Rayman level designer Jean-Matthieu Gennisson.
- Colourful and unique visuals created by renowned artist and developer Aurélien Regard (The Next Penelope)
- A refreshing, light-hearted story packed full of adventure and humour
- A first person adventure with fast-paced combat and rogue-lite elements
- A vast cast of quirky characters to meet, convince and recruit to fight for you
- Underpinned by an anime-inspired soundtrack
Twitter: @AurelRegard / @PlaydiusGames
About Aurelien Regard
Aurelien Regard is a video game developer known for being the co-founder of the French-based studio Arkedo, which released games with Sega and Eidos. After releasing an action racing game called « The Next Penelope » three years ago as an indie developer, he is now trying something new with « AWAY: Journey to the Unexpected » alongside Rayman level designer, Jean-Matthieu Gennisson
US & Europe (excluding France): Alex – Future Friends Games – firstname.lastname@example.org
France & Rest of World: Stephanie – Playdius – email@example.com