Fight, Ration, and Explore the Unknown Island’s Beautifully Hand-painted Landscapes in this Survival Story-driven Management RPG
French Developer CCCP and global independent games publisher Playdius today announced the launch of Dead in Vinland, available to download and purchase today on Windows PC and Mac for $19.99 USD/ €19.99 Euro with a launch week discount of 10% on Steam, GOG, and Origin until Thursday, April 19 at 10:00 AM PDT. Dead in Vinland pulls from many genres with survival management systems and RPG and adventure elements, with a focus on player choice.
Exiled on a faraway, unknown land, lead Eirik and his family on their quest to survive. Manage their physical and mental health, explore the island, organize your camp and deal with other human beings – friends or foes. Discover some of the esoteric mysteries in Vinland – mysteries that could save your life…or lead you to your own demise.
Key features of the game include:
- Deep survival management simulation: Find and gather resources, secure supplies of food, manage the physical and mental health of your team, fight diseases and wounds, ration water supplies, and face terrible storms and droughts
- Challenging and turn-based: Randomized elements make it so there is no perfect strategy. Take your time and adapt to the situation to make the best decisions! With turn-based gameplay you have the time to make the best decisions. You’ll have to adapt to any crisis the game throws your way
- Three modes of difficulty: One for enjoying the story, another for a challenging story, and the third for an extremely difficult mode that even the developers can’t beat!
- Manage your community of up to 14 playable characters. Each with their own strengths, flaws, and unique stories, influence how their relationships evolve with meaningful dialog choices, and expect possible romances and betrayals
- Build your camp: Craft more than 130 upgrades for bonuses and expand your shelter with 18 activity stations, each with its own contributing mechanics
- Live your own adventure: complete 70 non-linear quests to reach the end of the game and learn about what happened to your characters after the end depending on your choices
- An island to explore: Featuring over 150 map areas with hundreds of objects to interact with as players can unveil the many secrets of the island and its beautiful, hand-painted landscapes
- Full RPG system: Usable objects, skills to upgrade, characters to level-up, and randomly generated character traits every time they level up
- Tactical turn-based combat system: Quick and deadly 3v3 battles with five unique playable character classes, each with its own set of fighting skills, and five passive classes
To stay up to date on the latest for Dead in Vinland, please visit the official Dead in Vinland website and follow the game on Facebook, Instagram, Discord and Twitterchannels.