The 3D sci-fi Metroidvania Recompile was today featured in the second edition of the Kinda Funny Games Showcase at E3 with a new trailer created especially for the event. The 3D metroidvania is an explosive hacking adventure combining single-player action with environmental hacking mechanics and a dynamic branching narrative system.
Recompile is coming to PC in 2020.
You can see the watch Kinda Funny showcase video here.
Since the game’s reveal in March Phi Game’s debut title Recompile has had its share of praise both in the press and from gamers at events like EGX Rezzed and online in viral post like this reddit post.
“This hack-happy Metroidvania’s raw energy powers our curiosity,” Edge Magazine
- Metroidvania progression combined with a unique narrative branching system.
- A range of futuristic weapons and super-powered abilities.
- Intense and intelligent combat
- Hack through environmental circuitry, logic gates & even enemies.
- Multiple endings depending on play style.
- Reactive soundtrack of blistering electro.