Free expansion brings hours of new content
17th July 2019, Montpellier, France, Developer Midgard Studio and publisher Dear Villagers today announced the third free major update to their ambitious Early Access JRPG Edge of Eternity, which is currently available on Steam Early Access. The story continues with The Reunion, secrets revealed, a shocking betrayal and a noble sacrifice in chapter 3 of the Edge of Eternity saga.
Featuring around 3-4 hours of additional gameplay and new areas to explore, this highly anticipated update sees the adventurers stretched to their limit, fleeing from the horrors of the night and searching for hope in the face of insurmountable odds.
Edge of Eternity will also be on sale on Wednesday 15th July at 7PM CET | 10AM PST in the Steam Daily Deal with 20% off the base price. All owners of Edge of Eternity will receive this third update update for free.
Free major updates will continue to expand the game world, improve existing content, and adding major new story chapters throughout the Early Access period, ahead of the full launch on PC next year.
Edge of Eternity was made possible by over 4000 fans who made the game a reality via a successful Kickstarter campaign. The crowdfunding was so successful that Midgard Studio were able to work with the legendary JRPG composer of Chrono Trigger Yasunori Mitsuda. You can hear the result of that partnership on the latest trailer on the Steam Store Page.
About Edge of Eternity:
- Ambitious new JRPG adventure being developed by 9-person indie studio, taking influences from both Japanese & Western RPGs
- On Steam Early Access now, with the game world expanding and major new story chapters added throughout the Early Access period
- Full launch will be coming PC next year
- Successfully Kickstarted by fans in 2015, reaching almost 4x the campaign goal
- A stunning soundtrack including contributions from Chrono Trigger & Xenoblade Chronicles composer Yasunori Mitsuda
Full details of what’s happening in the Early Access for Edge of Eternity, and what’s coming in each of the updates can be read in full here.
The latest assets for Edge of Eternity are in the press kit here.
Press kit: https://dearvillagers.com/project/edge-of-eternity/