Already an Early Access success, the full game is now available for purchase on PC
June 8th 2021, Nimes, France – Indie developer Midgar Studio and publisher Dear Villagers have released today the full version of their ambitious JRPG Edge of Eternity on Steam, Epic Games Store and GOG for $29,99 / £23,79 / €29,99 with a massive launch update, pushing the game’s total playtime beyond 50 hours. Midgar Studio promises plenty more updates to come, with a host of free updates slated for the coming year.
The game is also coming to PS4 + 5, Xbox One + Series X and Game Pass in Q4 2021.
In a world torn asunder, the people of Heryon pursue a desperate war against a mysterious invader. As this conflict opposing magic and technology grows to cataclysmic proportions, a new threat emerges from the battlefield : “the Corrosion”, a dreadful, lethal disease. You control Daryon, a forlorn soldier who will risk everything and become a deserter, for the slim hope of finding a cure for a loved one.
The player will wage epic turn-based battles as they follow Daryon and his sister Selene in a quest to find this impossible cure. Only by mastering the tactical art of combat and the mystical language of crystals will the player be able to overcome the terrible odds stacked against them.
Small Indies, Big Dreams
Midgar is a small independent studio from the south of France. Through the success of Edge Of Eternity’s Early Access, this small studio of four people has successfully expanded into a team of thirteen developers, all passionate about their craft… and old-school JRPGs.
Hand-in-hand with Players
Edge of Eternity began with a successful Kickstarter. From that moment on, the developers of Midgar Studio have committed themselves to a virtuous circle based on transparency and openness to feedback. As soon as they could, Midgar brought the game into early access so they could interact with their community. By keeping an open dialogue with supporters, they have managed to improve the game far beyond what they could have in a closed development.
Though the storyline itself will reach its epic conclusion on the release date, the saga of Edge of Eternity itself is not over! Throughout all of 2021 and 2022 players can expect regular and free updates that will include many new features: Nekaroo farms, extra endgame content, new quests, skins, improvements to the mod kit, gameplay additions and more.
“Edge of Eternity may be out of Early Access, but there is still a long road ahead of us,” said Jeremy Zeler, founder of Midgar Studio. “We’ve got so much planned for the coming year, including free updates and a console release. Our way of saying thank you to the fans who have supported us for so long. The game wouldn’t be nearly so fantastic if it wasn’t for them.”
To celebrate the long awaited launch, Edge of Eternity will be discounted by 15% for the first seven days. The game will come with its own special Twitch plugin, which will allow fans to interact with the streamer in fun new ways, either boosting some enemies, or sending them a treasure box, right in the open-world! Ardent fans can order the digital Deluxe Edition, which comes with the full game, an artbook, OST track selection, a poster, a map of Heryon and a War Nekaroo Skin.
- A Deep & Strategic Combat System: Outwit your enemies in epic turn-based tactical combat: use the environment to lure them into devious traps, outsmart and outflank them to inflict massive damage. Craft your gear and inset it with powerful crystals to unlock unique combinations of skills and power-ups.
- A Cast of Charismatic Characters: Meet a cast of larger-than-life companions, each with their own unique personalities and motivations. Discover their dreams, flaws, hopes and torments as you experience and share many special moments together.
- A gorgeous world to discover: Journey through Heryon’s unique and ethereal environments, and unearth its most ancient secrets.
- A stunning soundtrack: Heryon is brought to life by a sublime soundtrack from Cédric Menendez, with the contribution of Yasunori Mitsuda, the composer of Chrono Trigger & Xenoblade Chronicles.
- Giant, pettable, cat-mounts: Ride through Heryon with flair and gusto – on the back of a giant two-tailed cat! This trustworthy ally is not only cute but also useful, for its keen sense of smell will allow you to find many treasures hidden from plain sight.