The explosive hacking adventure combines Metroidvania-inspired single-player action with environmental hacking mechanics and a dynamic branching narrative system exploring machine intelligence, computational logic and disastrous ecological consequences. The game challenges players to engage in platforming, intense combat and environmental hacking, all against the backdrop of the sprawling digital landscape of The Mainframe.
Since the game’s reveal in March, Phigame’s debut title Recompile has had its share of praise both in the press and from gamers online in viral posts like this reddit post.
- Metroidvania progression combined with a unique narrative branching system.
- A range of futuristic weapons and super-powered abilities.
- Intense and intelligent combat
- Hack through environmental circuitry, logic gates & even enemies.
- Multiple endings depending on play style.
- Reactive soundtrack of blistering electro.
Recompile is being developed by UK indie studio Phigames and will be coming to PC in 2020.