Choose between an archer, scout, or caster in this modern approach to a classic genre
Madrid, Spain, June 2nd 2022 – Indie studio Retro Forge, working in partnership with publisher Dear Villagers (The Forgotten City, ScourgeBringer) is happy to announce that its 16-bit inspired action-RPG metroidvania adventure Souldiers is out now on Switch, Steam, Xbox, and PlayStation platforms.
Souldiers wraps metroidvania exploration, crunchy soulslike combat, RPG customization,and precision platforming into one gorgeous pixelart package. Players take on the role of either scout, caster or archer, battling for freedom in Terragaya, a mystical land on the border between life and death. Each class has its own unique attacks along with different agility, attack, defense, and health stats. Your character can further be customized through branches of unlockable skill trees, offering a huge degree of freedom as you venture through Souldiers’ fantastical realm.
Outwit cunning enemies, solve nefarious puzzles, upgrade your character, and explore every corner of a dazzling, intricate 16-bit world. Souldiers is a handcrafted retro epic for the ages.
“Souldiers represents the fruits of our labour across several years as we assembled our dream game that mixes old and new sensibilities,” said Alberto Hernández, creative director at Retro Forge. “Souldiers’ 16-bit inspired aesthetic may recall SNES classics, but its approach to customizing your character and choosing between classes gives it depth and replayability above the 90s fare that inspired us. It’s a very emotional day for us to finally share the culmination of all our hard work with you all today.”
- Choose your class: Unleash the fury of your sword with the scout, summon the wrath of elements with the caster, or rain down arrows on your foes with the archer.
- Gripping combat: Slash, parry and dodge your way through an ever evolving roster of enemies, upgrading your skills and equipment to find a combat style that’s perfect for you.
- An interconnected world: Discover a sprawling handcrafted landscape filled with treasures, tough-as-nails bosses and secrepathways.
- 16-bit sensation: Terragaya comes to life with vibrant world-class pixel art packed to the brim with details.
- Smart moves: Solve environmental puzzles and leap from place to place using an ever-expanding moveset.
- Language options include English, French, German, Spanish, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Brazilian Portuguese.
Visit the Souldiers website: https://retroforgegames.com/
Follow Retro Forge on Twitter: https://twitter.com/RetroForgeGames
Follow Retro Forge on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/RetroForgeteam
Follow Retro Forge on Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/retroforgegames/?hl=en
About Retro Forge
Based in Madrid, Retro Forge is a six person team of veteran gamemakers from across the industry. Their debut title Souldiers is due for release on June 2nd, 2022.
About Dear Villagers
Dear Villagers is a publishing label of Plug In Digital. It’s a place where talented studios can unleash their creativity and focus on bringing unique single player experiences to players on PC and console, experiences that will stay with them long after the credits roll. Dear Villager’s lineup includes the award-winning The Forgotten City, The Dungeon of Naheulbeuk, ScourgeBringer and Edge Of Eternity.