Madrid, Spain, June 30th 2022 – Indie studio Retro Forge, working in partnership with publisher Dear Villagers (The Forgotten City, ScourgeBringer) has released an update to Souldiers on PC, with a console update due in the coming weeks. This new version fixes several progression and balance issues, offering the ideal Souldiers experience.
This update offers a huge host of new features, bug fixes, rebalances, and a raft of other changes. This includes more generous checkpoints, reduced mana costs for skills, more powerful players attacks, and much, much more.
To commemorate this update, we’re offering a 20% Steam discount on Souldiers from today through July 7th.
“We’re very happy with the reception Souldiers has been getting, though we’ve also been made aware of more bugs and balance issues than we’d anticipated,” said Alberto Hernández, creative director at Retro Forge. “This update should smooth over a lot of the teething issues we had. Releasing a game of this scope on multiple platforms for a six-person team – during a pandemic no less – was a Herculean effort, and while we’re proud of the result, there was still room for improvement, so we thank you, the players, for being patient with us as we’ve polished Souldiers up to be the timeless Metroidvania we always dreamed it would be.”
More about Souldiers:
Souldiers wraps metroidvania exploration, crunchy soulslike combat, RPG customization,and precision platforming into one gorgeous pixel art package. Players take on the role of either scout, caster or archer, battling for freedom in Terragaya, a mystical land on the border between life and death. Each class has its own unique attacks along with different agility, attack, defense, and health stats. Your character can further be customized through branches of unlockable skill trees, offering a huge degree of freedom as you venture through Souldiers’ fantastical realm.
Outwit cunning enemies, solve nefarious puzzles, upgrade your character, and explore every corner of a dazzling, intricate 16-bit world. Souldiers is a handcrafted retro epic for the ages.
- Choose your class: Unleash the fury of your sword with the scout, summon the wrath of elements with the caster, or rain down arrows on your foes with the archer.
- Gripping combat: Slash, parry and dodge your way through an ever evolving roster of enemies, upgrading your skills and equipment to find a combat style that’s perfect for you.
- An interconnected world: Discover a sprawling handcrafted landscape filled with treasures, tough-as-nails bosses and secrepathways.
- 16-bit sensation: Terragaya comes to life with vibrant world-class pixel art packed to the brim with details.
- Smart moves: Solve environmental puzzles and leap from place to place using an ever-expanding moveset.
- Language options include English, French, German, Spanish, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Brazilian Portuguese.
Buy Souldiers on Steam: https://store.steampowered.com/app/1419160/Souldiers/
Visit the Souldiers website: https://retroforgegames.com/
Follow Retro Forge on Twitter: https://twitter.com/RetroForgeGames
Follow Retro Forge on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/RetroForgeteam
Follow Retro Forge on Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/retroforgegames/?hl=en
About Retro Forge
Based in Madrid, Retro Forge is a six person team of veteran gamemakers from across the industry. Their debut title Souldiers is due for release on June 2nd, 2022.
About Dear Villagers
Dear Villagers is a publishing label of Plug In Digital. It’s a place where talented studios can unleash their creativity and focus on bringing unique single player experiences to players on PC and console, experiences that will stay with them long after the credits roll. Dear Villager’s lineup includes the award-winning The Forgotten City, The Dungeon of Naheulbeuk, ScourgeBringer and Edge Of Eternity.