The acclaimed roguelike-platformer is now available for purchase digitally with physical editions coming soon
22 April 2021, Montpellier, France – Developer Flying Oak Games and publisher Dear Villagers (Recompile) have released the hit rogue-platformer ScourgeBringer on the PS4 and the PS Vita today.
As of today, players can download ScourgeBringer via the digital store on both PS4 and PS Vita. The limited release PS4 physical edition is currently available for pre-order, with a boxed version of the Vita port soon to follow.
ScourgeBringer is a fast-paced rogue-platformer first released to critical acclaim on Steam, Nintendo Switch, Xbox and Game Pass in late 2020.
‘We’re proud of what we’ve accomplished with the ScourgeBringer PS Vita port, and delighted to be joining such a superb library of handheld games,’ says developer Thomas Altenburger. ‘The dream lives on!’
ScourgeBringer aims to channel the mystery and rawness of an early rogue-platformer, with fluid control, aerial combat, pixel graphics and a punchy soundtrack. The story follows hero Kyhra, who is sent away to uncover the secrets of an Eldritch monolith which is threatening to destroy her world. Armed with her trusty combat drone, she must shoot and slash her way through the infinite depths of an ever-changing dungeon, wherein gigantic bosses, ancient machines, strange ghosts and untold secrets from previous explorers await. There is no backtracking, as the game’s structure follows a procedural combination of pre-built challenge rooms, not unlike the Binding of Isaac.
- Dive into fast-paced rogue-platforming gameplay described by Eurogamer as “Dead Cells meets Celeste”
- Slash and shoot your way smoothly with superfluid platforming controls
- Sharpen your skills with a frantic combat system focused on attacks only
- Dash forward to the otherworldly adaptive sounds of Joonas Turner (Nuclear Throne, Downwell, Broforce…)
- Defy hordes of unspeakable enemies and giant bosses holding the secrets of the Scourge
- Explore the infinite depths of an ever-changing dungeon
- Uncover mysteries and find mementoes of previous explorers to unlock reality defining secrets
ScourgeBringer is fully localised into English, French, German, Italian, Spanish, Portuguese, Russian, Polish, Japanese, Korean and Chinese (simplified).
About Flying Oak Games
Made of wood and pixels, Flying Oak Games (FOG) is an independent video game studio in a secret forest of the North East of France (in Metz). Born from many game jam collaborations over several years, the team still dedicate themselves to the community by organizing local events, as well as being part of the Global Game Jam organizers family. Its main motivation is to make games that are accessible, instantly fun and addictive.