And a new DLC on all platforms invites our whacky heroes into a combat-crazy arena
December 3rd 2021 – Montpellier, France: Developer Artefacts Studio and publisher Dear Villagers (The Forgotten City, ScourgeBringer) have today released their hit RPG The Dungeon of Naheulbeuk: The Amulet of Chaos on next-gen consoles. Already available on PC, PS4, Xbox One and Switch, the game is arriving on PS5 and Xbox Series X/S today.
Similar to previous console versions, the next-gen port of The Dungeon of Naheulbeuk contains the first DLC, spooky adventure “The Ruins of Limis” (aka, the Chicken Edition). The second DLC, combat-crazy “Splat Jaypak’s Arenas” sees the merry band of heroes kidnapped and forced to survive a series of wild combat trials orchestrated by the sinister Splat Jaypak. If they want to survive they’ll have to gear up, level up, and battle their way back to the plot!
Splat Jaypak’s Arenas is sold separately on all platforms, and can also be downloaded on PC via the season pass. The third and final DLC, a four-chapter sequel titled ‘Back to the Futon’, is currently in development and slated for release in 2022.
The Dungeon of Naheulbeuk: The Amulet of Chaos’ is a turn-based tactical RPG chock-full of charm, humour and chaos! Leading a ragtag company of unlikely heroes, players will embark on an epic adventure combining the fun, creativity and chaos of an epic fantasy tabletop campaign with the challenge of the very best tactical RPG games, delivering an adventure unlike anything you’ve played before.
‘We are so happy to finally bring this title to fans with next-gen consoles,’ said Guillaume Jamet, Head of Publishing at Dear Villagers. ‘Even now, we’re not quite done, since there’s still one more DLC in the works!’
The Naheulbeuk universe is an original creation by French author John Lang. It started as a very popular audio comedy series parodying role-playing, tabletop games, and heroic fantasy tropes, now reborn as a video game!
Next Gen Features:
- Explore a huge and surprising dungeon from the cave up to the luxury quarters of the evil lord Zangdar, passing through the goblin ice skating park and an extremely lively tavern!
- Play with seven classic role-playing game characters complementing each other’s skills as you level them up: the Ranger, the Elf, the Dwarf, the Barbarian, the Magician (voiced by the talentuous Felicia Day!), the Ogre and the Thief.
- Exciting turn-based battles, with creative support mechanics between team members.
- An expansive bestiary (more than 100 enemies!) pushing you to think more tactically with every fight.
- Hidden and destructive objects (including beer kegs) with surprising status effects will turn the tide of battle for the better…or worse!
- An adaptive difficulty system: from an accessible and fun story mode with simplified combat to the “nightmare mode” where the smallest tactical errors will lead you to your doom!
- Bizarre conversations, absurd situations and unusual encounters await!
- Includes the first DLC, the uber-spooky “Ruins of Limis”, PLUS all new upgraded performance and high graphics for next-gen!
About Dear Villagers
Dear Villagers is a publishing label of Plug In Digital. It’s a place where talented studios can unleash their creativity and focus on bringing unique single player experiences to players on PC and console, experiences that will stay with them long after the credits roll. Dear Villager’s line-up includes the award-winning The Forgotten City, ScourgeBringer and Edge Of Eternity.
About Artefacts Studio
Based in Lyon, Artefacts Studio is one of the major players in the French indie gaming scene, with more than 50 passionate employees, and a strong focus on narrative, tactical, RPG, and racing games. Since its foundation in 2003, the studio has helped develop major console titles like Blood Bowl III and Space Hulk Tactics. Artefacts has been creating full games since 2014, including Agatha Christie: The ABC Murders and The Dungeon of Naheulbeuk: The Amulet of Chaos.