French developer Flying Oak Games, composer Joonas Turner (Nuclear Throne, Downwell) and publisher Dear Villagers are proud to announce that the fast-paced rogue-platformer ScourgeBringer is coming to Nintendo Switch.
The game is currently available on PC via Steam Early Access and Xbox Game Pass for PC and will see a full launch in 2020.
You can watch the new Nintendo Switch announcement trailer here: https://youtu.be/D7MqQyX2IaM
ScourgeBringer aims to channel the mystery and rawness of an early rogue-platformer, with fluid control, aerial combat, pixel graphics and a punchy soundtrack. The story follows hero Kyhra, who is sent away to uncover the secrets of an Eldritch monolith which is threatening to destroy her world. Armed with her trusty combat drone, she must shoot and slash her way through the infinite depths of an ever-changing dungeon, wherein gigantic bosses, ancient machines, strange ghosts and untold secrets from previous explorers await.
There is no backtracking, as the game’s structure follows a procedural combination of pre-built challenge rooms, not unlike the Binding of Isaac.
- Dive into fast-paced rogue-platforming gameplay described by Eurogamer as “Dead Cells meets Celeste”
- Slash and shoot your way smoothly with super fluid platforming controls
- Sharpen your skills with a frantic combat system focused on attacks only
- Dash forward to the otherworldly adaptive sounds of Joonas Turner (Nuclear Throne, Downwell, Broforce…)
- Defy hordes of unspeakable enemies and giant bosses holding the secrets of the Scourge
- Explore the infinite depths of an ever-changing dungeon
- Uncover mysteries and find mementos of previous explorers to unlock reality defining secrets
The game is in open development, with an in-game feedback system gathering feedback from players, and regular looks behind the curtain courtesy of regular development updates from Flying Oak Games, who you can follow on Twitter here.